-
[Solved] Etch & i810 issues.
I've not been able to find the "easy" solution to my issue so I'm asking y'all for help. What I have is a customer's machine which he no longer wants Window$ installed upon. I therefore installed Etch for him but now have video issues. Here is what he gave me to work with:
Dell Optiplex GX60
Video detects as i845
Monitor is HP Pavilion f1503
I've managed to get Etch to install and have Gnome running with all the updates installed. I don't know where to go from here. Please advise me as to a course of action; I'll provide more information as requested if what I have given is insufficient.
'Goon
EDIT:
Figured it out by messing with the BIOS on the machine. It was set for only 1MB frame buffer; increased to 8MB and all's rosy with it now.
Similar Threads
-
By Seyyapc in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-24-2007, 12:30 PM
-
By onemyndseye in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2007, 10:23 AM
-
By zenarchist in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-05-2006, 04:16 AM
-
By realpc in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-14-2005, 03:57 PM
-
By A.x.A3x in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 09:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$165.58

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95