-
Knoppix Succesfully installed but grub installed in root
Dear Firends,
I've Successfully installed Knoppix 5.1 from Live DVD but while installing Grub I've mistakenly installed it in to the root and Now I have WinXP Pro also, so it doesn't detect my Linu(knoppix). All the Possible Solutions which I know needs a Floopy Drive (incl. some External Boot Manager also) which I don't have. Can anyone show me How I can connect my Knoppix to WinXP Pro.
Already read all this
http://www.littlewhitedog.com/reviews_other_00011.asp
http://www.littlewhitedog.com/reviews_other_00011b.asp
SO kindly show me some other way
Thanking U all in Advance.
__________________
-
If you have 2 partitions on the same hdd, there are two way to boot. You can put grub into the MBR or use the XP boot loader. Perfered is grub into the MBR. I can not tell you how , but 2 site to read.
Useing Grub http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Linux+Win9x+Gr...roc.html#AEN54
Useing XP's boot loader
http://jaeger.morpheus.net/linux/ntldr.php
hope it helps.
-

Originally Posted by
TopFarmer
One of ur Link says How to dual-boot Windows NT/2000/XP and Linux using NTLDR
This tutorial is based on using LILO (linux loader) as your boot loader. It assumes you already have NT/2000/XP install and booting.
The next step is to edit your LILO configuration file. It's usually /etc/lilo.conf. If lilo was installed in the MBR, the lilo.conf will reflect this.
Im unable to access my Linux OS or Partiton (but able to access XP) so How can I do this???
I've installed grub not lilo
Can I still Extract Linux boot file through Live DVD???
Nway Thanks for ur kind help
-
Use your Live Knoppix dvd and boot it into linux.
If you wan to use the XP boot loader (not perfered), you will need a hdd FAT32 partition , 2 dvd/cd drives, or able to access the net . Or some other way once you use Linux to make the BOOTSEC.lnx file for you to get the file into the xp's root directory (booted into XP).
At the web site drop below the lilo editing to- useing DD command.
Similar Threads
-
By ryzvonusef in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-01-2009, 05:06 PM
-
By maestrobwh1 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-07-2007, 12:06 AM
-
By tr in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-03-2005, 08:50 AM
-
By emmbec in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 09:52 AM
-
By Raoul in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2004, 03:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board
$345.00

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)
$34.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00

1976 Microprocessors Intel C4004 8008 CDP1802 IMP-16 PACE MC6800 Rockwell PPS-4
$39.99