-
Tv tuner + Hard drive recognition
I recently burned a cd of knoppix 5.1, switching from what I previously used as a livecd which was knoppix 3.6
1. On knoppix 3.6, when the livecd finished loading and I was sitting at the desktop, there was an icon on the desktop of my computer's hard drive which i could right click, mount and use all I wanted.
On knoppix 5.1, it isn't there. There is also no link to it in /mnt so what do I do?
2. My tv-tuner card is made by kobian, under the brand name mercury. In knoppix 3.6, because the card is extremely similar to the lifeview flyvideo 2000, I would pick that one, and the Philips MK2 tuner. Using these options, I would be able to use ALMOST all of the channels my tuner could get, a few could not be picked up.
With knoppix 5.1, I go to configure, and pick the same card, and the xawtv config screens shuts down. Is it supposed to let me pick a tuner? Because after I pick a card it just closes. If I try picking up channels, it doesn't work, and aborts.
Can anybody tell me how to manually pick the tuner? What number is it?
Similar Threads
-
By d1g1tal_ph3r3t in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-07-2008, 09:53 PM
-
By TJBalistic in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-07-2007, 10:52 PM
-
By Johnni in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-07-2005, 11:34 PM
-
By Honkeychops in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-04-2005, 06:50 PM
-
By Friendly Guy in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 08:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco
$89.99

Intel 4004IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair
$50.99

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99

Microcomputer Builder's Bible IMSAI 8080 Z80 ADM-3A DEC LSI-11 Altair 8800 Bus
$65.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00