Trying to use knoppix 5.0 from cd, to look into problems on my computer.
testcd shows the cd to be fine.
memtest shows no problems.
Booting from cd it hangs at DHCP Broadcasting for IP, so I've tried using the nodhcp cheat.
With that cheat it goes through and reaches the Knoppix 5.0 splash screen (are those pistons in the background?)
and then hangs.
I'm guessing a hardware failure. Does that sound right?
and could anyone suggest what it might be.
I've removed most peripherals, currently I'm using
Nova (MS6367) V1.0 µATX motherboard
AMD Athlon XP 2600+
HDD Maxtor Falcon 60GB harddrive
2 x 512MB DDR 266 crucial RAM

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00
Colorado Jumbo 250 Internal Tape Backup System Complete Set Mainframe Collection
$129.99
Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$236.55
Vintage MSI K7T Turbo w/ AMD Athlon A1000AMT3C 256MB DDR Ram -Bloated Caps Parts
$69.99