I've got my knoppix remastered. I now call it psycloptix. I've made the image to boot, start apache web server, added kiosk module to firefox which opens the splash page and redirects to the apache server running from the disk. So firefox opens index.html from cdrom directory in full screen. My thought behind it was to use as content delivery for a show case booth, i.e. a home show at some event. Could be customized content to show on a big screen monitor, and still have use of the mouse and keyboard for that matter in case there was a form to fill out just click on a link. I also got rid of the sound files for start up and shut down. I now have a greeting message which is read out loud be festival before the splash screen shows.
Visit http://www.xtux.com/hello.cgi the iso will be up shortly. Pics not done, but soon, and the index.cgi will be in place when I have finalized the page.
I want to change the f2 and f3 files mine are in German. I've installed bvi in my iso and edited other files with it. Has anyone had any sucess with recompiling the f2 f3 files all together. I want it to be changed completely to psycloptix rather then knoppix eventually. Any input greatly appreciated.
*Note if you do want to burn the iso image, don't try it in windows. Even with Alcohol I couldn't. It took so long for me to do this. I've been through hell and back with a sony ilink external dvd burner and an upgrade to SuSE 10.1 and finally went and got an internal burner that would get recognized correctly without giving up it lun half way through a burn.
I will burn dvd's at the typical cost of $15/per and have a paypal link on the site for that and if anyone who gets use of it to please leave a donation. This has taken up endless nights with coffee. I need some starbucks.
Thanks I'll finish up the site hopefully tonight, the iso at this rate should be online at the link by about 4:30 pm est
Happy hacking
![]()

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95
Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95
IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00