I have an old compaq 1700t laptop. The wireless card is from Dlink g530 (I think, not in front of me now).
I can see a GREAT signal (from my router). The card is getting a IPV6 address but not getting a regular IP from the router.
The router is set for DHCP. If I go to another computer and look at the routers' config, I can see is assigned an IP to my
card. Just the card is not picking it up.
How do I get the card to accept the address from the router??? Now, I do not really want to get the address assigned
(VIA the other computer) and force the address on the wireless card. I'd like to get the card to ACCEPT whatever address
is assigned to it. I think if I have to "force" the address, it will me up the ability to get into public hot spots....
TIA
Radnor

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00
Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$400.00
Supermicro SYS-121C-TN2R 8SFF Server 2x Gold 6448Y 64-Core 2.1GHz 1TB RAM
$62610.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
$289.99