thanks a lot. i was trying to post this on the news section, but low and behold, we cant post there. there isnt much different, but its nice to have the latest.
The newest relase of Knoppix, 2003-01-01, is now available (on some mirrors). Also at the behest of many on the mailing list, Klaus is now posting the changelog in English.
Changelog :
* V3.1-2003-01-01 (Update)
- Due to many requests on the debian-knoppix mailinglist, the changelog
is now continued in english. Should not make much difference for the
package and program names.
- Replaced cdbakeoven by k3b CD writing program
- Added keyboard= and xkeyboad= boot option
- Added contributed compressloop to cloop-utils package
- Compression level for the compressed iso9660 image is now 9 by default
- Updated hardware detection with trident X-module and more wireless card
- KDE menu restructuring
- knx-hdinstall 0.37
thanks a lot. i was trying to post this on the news section, but low and behold, we cant post there. there isnt much different, but its nice to have the latest.
Knoppix with the latest KDE and Kmail are the only way I can send messages through my
ISP. I sure like that.
![]()
I haven't gotten rid of a Kspread sheet <2> that I brought up. No problem if I reboot, but
that isn't what I want to do.![]()
I sure would like to have pico on board, but to each his own when it comes to editors, it
just happens to be my favorite when working on command line stuff!![]()
Keep up the excellent work, what a fine way to introduce people to Linux! ---Jim
can't you "kill" it ??Originally Posted by Jim Worrest
Goner
Has anyone tried installing over a previous knoppix install with the knx-hdinstall script?
I have spent a lot of time customizing various aspects of my system layout, and i dont want to lose those changes.... But because of issues with KDE, i cannot install it at the moment. I dont actually run KDE, so thats not a problem... but packages such as libarts-gt cannot be found... ive tried editing the sources.list etc. etc and updated it afterwords..
Basically, i want to take the easy route and re-install... but keep my setup, and gain k3b.... a lot of work for one program I know, but x-cdroast doesnt work to my likeing. To burn CD's right now i have to use Nero in windows.
any suggestions or quick "you're an idiot, why arent you doing this..." remarks would be appreciated. =)
-Matt
Yup, I'm also stuck using M$ WINDOZE Easy CD Creator to burn CDs!
Hi,
can you tell me link where i can get the newest knx-hsinstall?
im unable to find it, and donīt know the right version, which is needed to install the kde3.1 version on my HD.
thx
It should be on your CD (unless you are using eadz' KnoppixKDE). You can download the latest script here http://zeus.itm.tu-clausthal.de/~perle/knx/

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99