Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: unable to view all files on cdrom

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3

    unable to view all files on cdrom

    Hello everyone,

    I am new to knoppix and new to the forum, and I have a problem I am not sure where to post, so I thought 'general' would be a good place to start.

    The side issue is I am running knoppix 3.7 off a laptop (installed to HD) and I am trying to configure a belkin wireless card for use. I have read the forums, and some other info on the net and understand that I should try to use the ndiswrapper which I will...as soon as I figure out what this other problem is :P

    the main problem is I put the belkin CD to try and grab the .inf/sys files to use with the ndiswrapper but I can't see thsoe files on the CD. I can see some of the files..but not all. If I put it in my windows machine, I see a bunch of files.... .inf .sys .cab files...etc and of course the .exe files but in knoppix all I see is the .exe files, and I can't see the .inf .sys .cab and some other files as well.

    EDIT: oh yeah...and this is the same whether I use a command prompt, or click on the CDROM icon on the desktop, and even running as su root

    any ideas, thoughts, suggestions?

    thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    weird, hmm, have you tried to see if they are hidden?
    you could always copy them to another media or over network...

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3
    Yes I did, and they are not hidden...at least not as far as I can tell from a GUI/Properties stand point.

    And I will transfer the over by some other means, but I am still curious as a cat in a paper bag factory about why I can't see them :P

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    what does
    Code:
    ls -al
    in a console say?
    do you se them then?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3
    Hi sorry for the delay in answering...was on vacation

    ls -al does not show them, whether I am sudo as root or any other account. This is why I am finding it weird, because on a windows OS if I explore the CD, I can definitely see the files, but on my knoppix I can only see some of the files on that CD.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    hmm, one thing is that it might be a "multisession" CD that has been mastered. if that multisession is not 100% compatible with ISO9660 it might be reason, not much else i can think of.

Similar Threads

  1. Unable to install from External CDROM
    By pvishnoi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 03:34 PM
  2. How to view files on a mac floppy disk?
    By kn2user in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 07:09 PM
  3. Is it possible to view MSW hidden files on GNU?
    By Zerro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-24-2004, 08:04 PM
  4. unable to view/access my win98se(fat32) partitions
    By a2ilindia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-21-2004, 02:13 AM
  5. Unable to mount cdrom drives.
    By rbivins in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 03:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Lot Of 5x Netgear 16 Port-POE+ Switches, SFP, 4x PSU. GS316EP (3), GS316EPP (2) picture

Lot Of 5x Netgear 16 Port-POE+ Switches, SFP, 4x PSU. GS316EP (3), GS316EPP (2)

$249.99