-
USB 2.1 problem
Hello,
Knoppix 4.01, hard drive installation. It seems, that USB2 doesn't work for me, I have USB1.0 support only 
Error message while booting the system:
USB 2.1: Device descriptor read/64, error -71
I'm confused, because I have no idea what does it mean...Can you help me?
-
I have a Transcend 40GB External USB Drive (StoreJet 2.5). I would like to install Knoppix or RedHat into it. Can anyone give me guidelines, please?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hari, you should have started a new topic instead of hijacking someone else's!
Awyway I cannot tell for sure for RedHat but the stock knoppix mini root disk used while booting does not unfortunately have USB support. So - you can stiil get knoppix to boot as an ISO image, poor man's install (check the doc link at the top of this page if this does not make sense to you), or full HD-install, but you'll need to use Gilles' alternative minirt.
See the summarry at the top of this longish thread, and download the mirt_usb6 mentioned here.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage MSI K7T Turbo w/ AMD Athlon A1000AMT3C 256MB DDR Ram -Bloated Caps Parts
$69.99

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95