-
compiling tools.
I would like to use knoppix to compile some open source software that I downloaded. How do I do that? I can see that it has some developer tools, but I cant figure out how to use them. I only get into something called a "shell" (I'm new to linux) and dont know what to do. I'ts only text based and nothing to click at.
I use the CD version, not the DVD version.
Mattias
-
Senior Member
registered user
I've only used the command line compiler on knoppix/linux, not any of the ide's. The
compiler is called gcc, assuming it's c source code, and you run it from the command
line in a terminal window. Open a terminal window and do a man on gcc. You'll get a
lot of verbage but it's worth studying.
-
But isn't there a compiler with a GUI on knoppix? I tried to look for gcc but didn't find it.
-
Gcc is built into the konsole. Check out knoppix]$ gcc -v and gcc --help and man gcc.
Turbine said to do a man on gcc. Also you did several searches on the web for gcc -right!
Gcc is the compiler for C programming.
You have several editors to write and save (i.e. kate, kwrite, gvim and even notepad it's free
)
To get an IDE (Eclipse or Kdevelope)you need to download it on your HDD. However, you need to know how to partition. The DVD version has the guis.
Again, do research on the web on the above items. Also maybe some computer books and some inst classes may help.
gl
-
Senior Member
registered user
There's an ide associated with qt but you have to pay for the good stuff. KDE also has an integrated development environment which I think is entirely free but you'll have to download and install same.
Similar Threads
-
By satimis in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-31-2007, 09:37 AM
-
By NicoS in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2005, 03:35 AM
-
By Bulldog in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-08-2004, 02:43 PM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 04-04-2004, 05:40 AM
-
By Henk Poley in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-29-2003, 12:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HPE DL385 Gen10 Plus 2x EPYC 7513 1024GB DDR4 RAM 6x 6.4TB 2x 800G SAS 100G RAID
$54229.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00