Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: remastering without knoppix installed or booted

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Graz
    Posts
    1

    remastering without knoppix installed or booted

    Hi all!

    I need to remaster knoppix, as I need distcc and gcc 4.1 on the boxes running knoppix. My problem is: I have gentoo installed and see no possibility to extract /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX into my hdd. I downloaded and mounted the iso and tried to mount the file with -o loop I also tried losetup loop1 but it did not work either. The problem is, that I can not boot knoppix on my machine, as it is used as server for others.
    So is there a possibility to perform a remastering on another linux than knoppix or is there another live-system which fits my needs.

    Thanks in advance for any hints!

    Bye,
    Sumpi

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19

    Re: remastering without knoppix installed or booted

    Quote Originally Posted by sumpi
    Hi all!

    I need to remaster knoppix, as I need distcc and gcc 4.1 on the boxes running knoppix. My problem is: I have gentoo installed and see no possibility to extract /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX into my hdd. I downloaded and mounted the iso and tried to mount the file with -o loop I also tried losetup loop1 but it did not work either. The problem is, that I can not boot knoppix on my machine, as it is used as server for others.
    So is there a possibility to perform a remastering on another linux than knoppix or is there another live-system which fits my needs.

    Thanks in advance for any hints!

    Bye,
    Sumpi
    Yes use qemu.

    Setup qemu with HD of 5G (at least when 1G is swap and the rest is ext3) and run knoppix in qemu.

    I've did all the Kazit Linux - Hebrew knoppix remaster from qemu - it is very useful and you reduce risk that something can mess.

    Good suggestion - install kqemu - this will make the process a way faster.

    Artik

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix Succesfully installed but grub installed in root
    By param85047 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 03:31 PM
  2. Booted KNOPPIX 3.7 from USB, help with a few things ??
    By tadpole in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2005, 05:39 PM
  3. Soundblaster Audigy with CD booted Knoppix
    By OmegaOne in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 02:25 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-08-2003, 04:39 PM
  5. remastering while booted from harddrive
    By John in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 07:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$165.58



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$166.24



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ* picture

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*

$199.99



Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000 picture

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000

$99.95



Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB picture

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB

$98.95



IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on

$500.00