-
Storing Information
I downloaded Knoppix 5.0.1 and burnt it on my disc, it works perfectly when I insert the disc but I've having one problem. When I run it and save some information on it (creating new files, changing settings etc.) it deletes it all and goes back to the beginning when I turn my computer off. Is there a way for it to save changes and new files on the CD or do I have to install it on my computer first?
Regards
-
The only way you could save changes to the CD, was if you were using a CDRW in a capable drive, and as far as I know, Knoppix doesn't support that. The changes you're making are being saved on the ramdisk it creates, which is lots whenever you turn your computer off.
It is possible to save your settings and other information to another media, like a floppy disk or usb drive, that knoppix can load from when it's booting off the CD.
Take a look at the Documentation Wiki for more information.
Similar Threads
-
By winson in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 10
Last Post: 01-02-2009, 01:31 PM
-
By ade123007 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-20-2007, 09:05 PM
-
By freeblue86 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-18-2005, 08:52 PM
-
By nuB71705 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-20-2005, 10:19 PM
-
By 00zero in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-19-2004, 04:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module
$66.31

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50