chnage your xorg.conf according to the instructions in http://en.opensuse.org/Beryl#Beryl_with_X.org_AIGLX and things work out fine!
Beryl runs perfectly from the live-CD and I installed Knoppix 5.1 with no problems (using ext3 not reiserfs!) in a dual boot with XP on my laptop. Booting from the HD provides me no grub boot prompt and so I get the normal KDE desktop after booting. In the /boot/grub/menu.lst I inserted the option 'desktop=beryl' in the line 'kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sda4 rw ... vga=791 desktop=beryl' but this did not change anything after re-booting. What do I have to do to get automatically, or at least manually, composite, aiglx, and beryl running with the HD-install?
thanks a lot,
-p.
chnage your xorg.conf according to the instructions in http://en.opensuse.org/Beryl#Beryl_with_X.org_AIGLX and things work out fine!

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99