-
Senior Member
registered user
Cant change locale and get rid of knopix auto-login
I have just installed knoppix 5 onto one of my hard drive partitions.
I used knoppix-installer (and choose knoppix style)
I have two immediate problems:-
i) My locale is still German but I would like english. In kde I have changed the setting for english but firefox menues are in German, as are terminal messages
ii) I have created a new user from the terminall using adduser. However when booting my system is using kde auto-login and logging me in as user "knoppix"
Do I have to add the service kdm to a default runlevel? I have looked in kde control centre and auto logon is not in use.
Thanks in advance
Similar Threads
-
By rajasekaran in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 16
Last Post: 09-08-2013, 10:52 AM
-
By rhybeka in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-18-2005, 01:43 AM
-
By dodgyville in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-06-2004, 12:38 AM
-
By Rivendell in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-31-2004, 06:37 PM
-
By bonecrusher in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 11:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

HPE P10109-B21 MCX512F-ACAT 10/25GbE Dual-Port SFP28 NIC P10107-001 P12608-001
$100.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC
$27.99

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99