-
AUFS how to install.
Hi,
I'm new in this so please be patient :P. I'm trying to make remastered knoppix and after simply steps like removing packages and editing logo I stopped on kernel replacing. I managed to compile cloop and it apears to work but I have problem with aufs. I completely don't know where to start with it.
Can somebody explain me step by step how to install aufs? Mayby is simply way to change it back to ufs? (because I think that using older version of knoppix will also work) I'm using 2.6.18-gentoo-r4 kernell but I think that it isn't problem.
I'v got this message after booting.
Code:
Found primary KNOPPIX (cut)
creating /ramdisk (cut) ... done
ERROR: CANNOT UNITE READ-ONLY MEDIA AND INITIAL RAMDISK! shutdown: hda
System halted
>>Read-only CD sytem successfully merged with read-write /ramdisk
/linuxrc: cannot create /var/run/utmp: directory nonexistent
VFS cannot open root device "<NULL>" or unknonw-block (8,4)
Please append a correct "root=" boot option
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(8,4)
I didn't install aufs after changing kernell so I assume that this is problem.
Pleas help
Thanks in advance
Mroofka
-
Hi,
I had the same problem, you should a line in the file linuxrc in minirt.gz.
if test -n "$UNIONFS" && /bin/mount -t aufs -o "br:$UNION=ro" /UNIONFS /UNIONFS; then
You can boot knoppix with the "debug" option give a couple of "exit", and with a copy of the linuxrc try to debug the aufs step.
Saluti
Max
-
Oops I was to fast!!
Here's the modified line:
if test -n "$UNIONFS" && /bin/mount -t aufs -o "br:$UNION=ro" /UNIONFS /UNIONFS
With the cd (not the dvd) $UNION should be /ramdisk:/KNOPPIX
Check if the dir /UNION is present...I had to /bin/mkdir /UNIONFS just before " # Do the actual mount".
Cheers
Max
Similar Threads
-
By starlyptErin_. in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-22-2009, 10:55 PM
-
By koolb in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-15-2007, 06:25 PM
-
By koolb in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-13-2007, 10:29 AM
-
By tr in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Analog Devices Macsym 2 Signal Simulator
$220.00

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

1979 vintage apple II 2 keyboard Mod CV Control Analog Synthesizer Paia Buchla
$500.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

1950 High Speed Computers Analog ENIAC UNIVAC EDVAC IBM SSEC Relay Logic Tubes
$65.00

vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us
$29.99