-
Junior Member
registered user
Possibly new software? For instant messaging and internet
Hey all.
I was just thinking, since Knoppix is so damn good thing. It might be kewl to add the following software because of various reasons, they are pointed out below.
- Mozilla Firebird - possible replacement for Mozilla. Mozilla Firebird, what was also known under the old name - Phoenix is a free, mozilla based extremely fast internet browser. It loads quickly into memory, what I think beats Mozilla any way. Also, has all Mozilla features, such as tabs or popup blocking. It does not take much memory, infact, it's mostly even faster than IE under Windows. Altho the current release is not 1.0, I have found it to be very stable. And has never crashed for me. It also supports automatic image resizing and bunch of other things. As I said before, this could be a very good replacement for Mozilla or just addition if you want to keep Mozilla. And btw, if you know about future Mozilla development, then it will brake into parts, e-mail client and web browser, what is going to be based on Firebird. And well, in KNOPPIX it is important that programs load fast and don't eat alot of memory

- AMSN - Alvaros MSN - a MSN messaging client for linux. Pretty stable and good I think. I think it would be ideal for KNOPPIX. Altho, Kopete messenger is pretty good, it has to be configured too much before you can use it. Why would this client be needed? Well, the reasons are that many and many people use Instant Messenger more now. I personally have to download it every time when I boot to KNOPPIX. It is small, so it would not take alot memory. I am really begging you to add this to KNOPPIX. So please? But as I said, another solution could be Kopete, because it has support for other protocols also.
- Tuxracer - well, ok who of you plays games in linux? I do
and tuxracer is one of the best. It would just be so damn good to have it 
I am talking about the free version, I think it was under GPL. Some 0.6, anyway, the one you get under linux apt-get If you don't already know, then tuxracer is a cool game.
At the moment, I did not remember anything else so important what would be killer adds for Knoppix. But anyone, who thinks something could be added, please post here then
And well, I think there is also some stuff to throw away. I will probably make a list later.
Similar Threads
-
By SilverFox7331 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2004, 03:32 PM
-
By FaRiS in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-08-2004, 08:24 PM
-
By linuxrob in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-23-2004, 01:40 AM
-
By ldp in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-16-2004, 07:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99