Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: What is saved in Persistent Home?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4

    What is saved in Persistent Home?

    Hi all,
    Pretty new to Linux and Knoppix but having a great time learning. Can anyone give me some idea of what information is saved to the Persistent Home? I have searched the Forums and can't seem to find this anywhere. I am trying to understand what I should save to my USB key and what will save in the Persistent Home.

    Thanks

    AmmonMan

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    please see answer #7.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2
    I am trying to understand what I should save to my USB key and what will save in the Persistent Home.
    If you saved your persistent home as a file, rather than as a complete partition, you can browse to root and see a folder there named knoppix.img. (It may have the same name if you saved it as an entire partition, but I have never done it that way so I can't tell you for sure) I believe that is where the contents of your persistent home reside. I don't have knoppix running right now, so I may not have the directory correct. Do a search on knoppix.img and when you find it, browse within the folder to see what is maintained there. With knoppix, I find that I have to both set up the persistent home, and save my knoppix configuration to keep all changes that I make.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    122
    This is correct ^^^

    it saves your home directory and IN THEORY saves only the changes to the / filesystem...

    That to say: the image file is merged with the KNOPPIX filesystem in order to give you RW access to it.....in theory


    Take Care,
    -Justin
    One Mynds Eye

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 11:03 PM
  2. Questions about saved config and persistent home
    By PaulBx1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 08:35 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 05:36 AM
  4. 4.0.2 Firewall settings not saved in persistent home ?
    By Robert A. in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2005, 01:51 PM
  5. Persistent home directory and saved configurations
    By kayl in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 06:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Supermicro SYS-121C-TN2R 8SFF Server 2x Gold 6448Y 64-Core 2.1GHz 1TB RAM picture

Supermicro SYS-121C-TN2R 8SFF Server 2x Gold 6448Y 64-Core 2.1GHz 1TB RAM

$62610.00



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD

$249.99



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM

$289.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays picture

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays

$400.00



Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD picture

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD

$199.99



64GB MICRON (4x16GB) DDR4-2133MHz SERVER ECC RAM MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2II picture

64GB MICRON (4x16GB) DDR4-2133MHz SERVER ECC RAM MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2II

$259.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00