Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix as CD install question?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Redlands, California
    Posts
    4

    Knoppix as CD install question?

    I did an install as CD instead of doing the debian one.. will break easier if making changes to config files?

    1. how can I change resolution of 800x600 to 1024x765? I could not find anything relating to resolution on etc/modconf file..

    2. Why when I end session does it jump right back into desktop?

    3.can I change it to debian without messing up my current setting? I spruced it up real nice.. it looks even better than Vista LOL. I'm in love with Knoppix

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    6

    Re: Knoppix as CD install question?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knoppixster
    1. how can I change resolution of 800x600 to 1024x765? I could not find anything relating to resolution on etc/modconf file..
    Must be 1024x768 in "Section "Screen"" of /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

    Section "Screen"
    ...

    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 15
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 16
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 24
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    EndSection

    3.can I change it to debian without messing up my current setting?
    No. Debian installation uses a quite different configuration in /etc/... The default HD-Installation method is prefered though over Debian-Installation because it installs a multi-user Debian system and additionally leaves all of the Knoppix hardware-detection scripts behind.

    Hth

    -nohype

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Redlands, California
    Posts
    4

    xorg.conf

    Tahnk you so much man. I was looking in the wrong place as you know know. I funally got to edit the xorg.conf file in console root and whoa!! lol thanks man. you're a savior

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix HD install Question
    By xxsadisticx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 02:12 AM
  2. not really a Knoppix 3.9 HD install question
    By DigidocTN in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2006, 04:39 AM
  3. Knoppix 3.7 HDD install - boot question
    By deane_2 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 06:29 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 07:43 PM
  5. Knoppix post-HD install question
    By dfield58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2003, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly picture

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly

$18.95



Atari 1010 Cassette Recorder/Player w/ Power Adapter For Parts/Repair Turns On picture

Atari 1010 Cassette Recorder/Player w/ Power Adapter For Parts/Repair Turns On

$25.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari 1200XL Home Computer, Tested Boots & Plays Cart, OEM PSU, Box - Read picture

Atari 1200XL Home Computer, Tested Boots & Plays Cart, OEM PSU, Box - Read

$329.95



A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS picture

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS

$16.95



Atari 410 Program Recorder repair w manual sheet/ adapter cord  picture

Atari 410 Program Recorder repair w manual sheet/ adapter cord

$23.99



Vintage Atari 400/800 - Ms PacMan Galaxian BASIC Atari Writer Carts + Joystick  picture

Vintage Atari 400/800 - Ms PacMan Galaxian BASIC Atari Writer Carts + Joystick

$38.88



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



Atari SX212 Modem for IBM-Compatible Systems w/ Power Adapter & Manuals NOS picture

Atari SX212 Modem for IBM-Compatible Systems w/ Power Adapter & Manuals NOS

$125.00