-
LOCALE cannot be changed in Knoppix 5.1.1
Good morning to you all. I have installed Knoppix 5.1.1 . It is wonderful except for the fact that I live in Brazil and I use the language pt_BR with a lot of accents. Everything is perfect if I do not use Openoffice. I can use the accents (with the ABNT2 keyboard) wherever I want but not in Openoffice. I have installed the #apt-get install kde-i18n-ptbr and my KDE is now in Portuguese (from Brazil) but if I apply locale the result is:
root@knoppix:/home/cezar# dpkg-reconfigure locales
Generating locales (this might take a while)...
pt_BR.ISO-8859-1... done
Generation complete.
root@knoppix:/home/cezar# locale
LANG=C
LANGUAGE=us
LC_CTYPE="pt_BR"
LC_NUMERIC="pt_BR"
LC_TIME="pt_BR"
LC_COLLATE="pt_BR"
LC_MONETARY="pt_BR"
LC_MESSAGES="pt_BR"
LC_PAPER="pt_BR"
LC_NAME="pt_BR"
LC_ADDRESS="pt_BR"
LC_TELEPHONE="pt_BR"
LC_MEASUREMENT="pt_BR"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="pt_BR"
LC_ALL=pt_BR
even if I use #dpkg-reconfigure locales there is still the reference to the LANGUAGE=us...What else can I do, please. I thank you enormously for any possible help. Cezar
Similar Threads
-
By OErjan in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-04-2010, 03:25 PM
-
By Terry Kemmerer in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-21-2006, 07:19 AM
-
By honigbaer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-16-2005, 01:31 PM
-
By leq75 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-28-2004, 05:39 AM
-
By kclawson in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 02:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10-2457-02 SFP 10GBASE Transceiver x3 Tested Clean
$40.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99