That's an excellent writeup and post. I presume you are using knopix 5.1.1 which contains kernel 2.6.19.
Have you tried kernel 2.6.20rc3 and does this cure the problems?
The last week i detected some errors on video files (stargate atlantis new episodes), because I changed my Nvidia video driver for a new version (9631) I thought I catch the problemI was wrong.
More & more video files were corrupted when playingshowing artifacts & skip on sound. From 8MB files to 900MB the video files were always corrupted. In a moment or desperation I remember
I get all my video files with rtorrent, going to the site: Libtorrent & Rtorrent has a good explanation what the problem was and how it can be corrected.
At first I try 2-3 download with the method, but many times the hash fails after a completed download, I didn't like wasting bandwith or time and need to re-start the torrent (many times manually) for a correct download.Failed chunks with kernel 2.6.19
Linux version 2.6.19 appears to have a bug in the synching of mmapped files, leading to large numbers of failed chunks when downloading a torrent. Using rTorrent with kernel 2.6.19 is not recommended, but if an earlier kernel version is not an option, make sure to enable the "check_hash" option and manually restart torrents until all chunks pass the hash check. Kernel 2.6.20-rc3 has fixed this problem, so this version and later ones should be safe.
For example: a 354MB file when finished and after a check hash reveals a file with only 265MBand I must start the torrent again.
So now I'm back to 2.6.18.
I hope it help those who use rtorrent![]()
That's an excellent writeup and post. I presume you are using knopix 5.1.1 which contains kernel 2.6.19.
Have you tried kernel 2.6.20rc3 and does this cure the problems?
Didn't try the kernel 2.6.20rc3(the part rc3 keeps me far away too) I'm happy at the moment with 2.6.18, and the problem had dissapeared with the 2.6.18 kernel
Code:seyya@rommiebox:~$ uname -a Linux rommiebox 2.6.18-ck1nana #1 Sat Jan 27 19:55:26 ART 2007 i686 GNU/Linux![]()

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
$280.00
HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99