I'm having what sounds like the very same problem on my desktop. I posted in the boot forum. Haven't had any replies yet.
I can run the knoppix cd (V 5.1)on my hp laptop fine. It will boot and do everything I try. I downloaded and burned at the slowest Nero speed (4x) I could. MDA checksum is OK. When I try to run it on Sony VAIO desktop, it locks up. It boots up and I can open or start to open some of the programs. Then it locks. I can move the cursor but there is no response by the OS. The only thing I can do then is to turn power off to reboot. Can there be a problem with the CD-Rom drive or CD-RW drive? Is there any way to test the drives to rule out that possiblity?
I'm having what sounds like the very same problem on my desktop. I posted in the boot forum. Haven't had any replies yet.
If you have a gig or more of memory you could try the toram cheat code. That would load the entire CD into RAM at boot time, if it still locks up later that would indicate it is likely to not be a drive problem.Originally Posted by Oldlock15
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
SolarFlare XtremeScale X2522-25G-PLUS Dual Port 25G SFP28 PCI-E 3.1 x8 NIC FH LP
$899.99
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99