I see many instructions for creating this file, but how do you write that to a cd. There must be some configuration file someplace on the CD, I just do not know where to look.
Do I have to re create it every time I boot up?
Thanks
Neeraj
I see many instructions for creating this file, but how do you write that to a cd. There must be some configuration file someplace on the CD, I just do not know where to look.
Do I have to re create it every time I boot up?
Thanks
Neeraj
With the lack of the wpa_supplicant.conf file, I have found this way to connect to the internet. Anyway this can be made into a script that will automate the task.
1. from root shell start kwifimanager
2. Select configure from the menu
3. Select activate button
4. Close configuration
5. Scan for networks
6. Enter essid for desired network
7. Select connect button
8. close kwifimanager.
9. enter pump -i wlan0 at the root shell
Can some shell script be made so that these do not have to be done manually every time. Also can the essid be saved across sessions in my persistent disk image?
Thanks
Neeraj
And here's another way to configure wireless connection using Knoppix 5.1.1
Start root terminal (from Utilities, root terminal)
netcardconfig
you will see an interface with the wireless adapter
(On my Fujitsu laptop with builtin IPW2200 wireless it is eth3)
Enter the ESSID (this can be found from your router setup, use an ethernet cable or another PC)
follow the prompts and enter the WEP key and other security settings,
Just press enter to have channel and frequency scanned automatically
Finally enter iwconfig in a terminal.
If an association has been made with the wireless network you will see its ESSID
Example below
user@slave:~$ iwconfig
lo no wireless extensions.
eth1 no wireless extensions.
eth0 no wireless extensions.
eth3 IEEE 802.11g ESSID:"Vegetable.net"
Mode:Managed Frequency:2.437 GHz Access Point: 00:18:3F:AC:51:F9
Bit Rate:54 Mb/s Tx-Power=20 dBm Sensitivity=8/0
Retry limit:7 RTS thrff Fragment thr
ff
Power Managementff
Link Quality=83/100 Signal level=-47 dBm Noise level=-89 dBm
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:2
Run ifconfig and you should see packets transmitted and received. Hopefully if your connection is good
dropped packets will be 0. Example below
user@slave:~$ ifconfig
eth3 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:0E:35:E1:FA:20
inet addr:192.168.254.199 Bcast:192.168.254.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::20e:35ff:fee1:fa20/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:2536 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:2210 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:2802925 (2.6 MiB) TX bytes:201638 (196.9 KiB)
Interrupt:11 Base address:0x6000 Memory:d0214000-d0214fff

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
CISCO SFP-GE-Z , 1000BASE-ZX SFP 1550nm 70km DOM
$69.00
CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99
HPE P10109-B21 MCX512F-ACAT 10/25GbE Dual-Port SFP28 NIC P10107-001 P12608-001
$100.00