Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How do I get cell phone VX8300 via usb onto the internet?

  1. #1

    How do I get cell phone VX8300 via usb onto the internet?

    I have read through many postings on this forum, and other sites, but am still not able to figure out how to get my cell phone to connect to the internet.

    I can get onto the internet with the phone using the Verizon software for Broadband Access. But my windows XP OS is in "trouble" and it is only a question of when it will stop working. The Knoppix software seems to be working properly.

    The modem in the VX8300 Verizon phone is probably similar to modems in earlier models.

    I tried using Kppp but probably used wrong settings.

    I would very much appreciate any help getting the phone onto the internet as I am away from home for quite a long time and my Windows XP operating system is in "trouble" and will probably crash.

    Thank you.
    Arthur

  2. #2
    I am now on the internet. Getting there took a few weeks, and a lot of trial and error,as I am new to the Linux world. I received no replies to this posting, and few replies to other postings. So over the next few days I will write up a detailed step by step explanation that might hopefully help other new users get onto the internet.

Similar Threads

  1. RAZR V3 phone
    By tulsamike3434 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2008, 12:37 PM
  2. Unix on your cell!
    By maxIT in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 06:37 PM
  3. Usb phone Modem
    By Karl13 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2007, 10:03 AM
  4. CELL PHONE as USB MODEM to surf the web SprintPCS Sanyo 4900
    By WB7ODYFred in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 10:04 PM
  5. USB Driver for Samsung Cell Phone to laptop
    By seth niren in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2003, 06:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Supermicro Server CSE-512L-200B 1U Chassis with X9SCL-F Core i3-2100 8GB 220W picture

Supermicro Server CSE-512L-200B 1U Chassis with X9SCL-F Core i3-2100 8GB 220W

$200.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3 picture

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3

$219.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU   X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$175.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99