This will probably only help with an installed-to-disk Knoppix:
# apt-get install vsftpd
Comes with very good documentation, and apt takes care of proper user id and home
directory.
I want to be able to setup a FTP directory for internal use that is not in a the knoppix home directory. Can someone tell me where are the files that are read to start up this server so that I can set up the right dierectory structure?
This will probably only help with an installed-to-disk Knoppix:
# apt-get install vsftpd
Comes with very good documentation, and apt takes care of proper user id and home
directory.
Is there no hope of changing the behavior of the default ftp server that comes with knoppix 3.3. I don't have it installed on my hard drive but I have copied the disk to my hard drive and that it where I boot from.

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$594.99
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61
4x Various Brands 8.5" Mainframe 9-Track Reel Computer Data Tape 6250 CPI .5"
$24.99
Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981
$199.99
Vintage IBM Syst 370 MST Boards Lot Of 5 Heavily Populated IBM 22 Alu Can Chips
$89.00
Vintage UNIVAC Mainframe Circuit Board Lamp - Cyberpunk Tech Geek Industrial Art
$225.00
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
Adjustable Rolling Computer Cart, Mobile Standing Workstation, Mobile Cart
$211.28