not knowing how to talk to a sata driveWhat could be the problem....
it's not an ide interface
and it will require drivers
and i bet linux doesn't have it as an easy to find file ....
Hi all,
I booted a machine with knoppix, i found that the hard disk is not detected. The machine is a new one with amd processor and sata hard disk of size 80gb. I have installed windows2000 in it. I am able to boot to windows. but when i boot from knoppix it is not identified.. I tried with knoppix 4, and knoppix 5.0. in both cases the hard disk is not detected... What could be the probelm,....
Plz help
viji
not knowing how to talk to a sata driveWhat could be the problem....
it's not an ide interface
and it will require drivers
and i bet linux doesn't have it as an easy to find file ....
hi ,
I booted knoppix in another hard disk with sata hard disk. In this case it gets detected... So is this the problem with sata driver or with the mother board????
regards
Viji
now it depends on if the board has a sata drive interface
or it is set in bios to look like vanilla ide

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$799.00
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) DECserver 200/MC Terminal Server
$79.95
VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00