-
Boot FROM floppy TO usb key - GRUB or Other
Hi,
I'm searched for ages trying to find what I want but still can't so I'm posting here hoping one of you can point me in the right direction.
I don't want to mess around with usb booting, because its messy and unrealiable in my opinion.
What I want is to boot with a floppy disk into a boot loader, and then select an OS to boot that is stored on my USB key.
I've tried doing this with grub on the floppy but I can't work out how to get grub to find the usb key and boot an OS stored on it.
I know floppy to usb booting is possible, because DSL (Damn Small Linux) does it. from there site you can download the os onto your usb, and a floppy image which you burn, reboot to the floppy, and then load the os on the usb key from the floppy.
What I want is a general way of doing this with any mini linux distro I have on my usb key and boot them all from my one master boot floppy.
How can do this?
Many Thanks,
Technosites
Similar Threads
-
By ruymbeke in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 715
Last Post: 03-29-2021, 10:58 PM
-
By whitehat in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-28-2005, 02:38 PM
-
By cli168 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-20-2005, 03:57 AM
-
By wslkevin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 13
Last Post: 09-21-2004, 05:31 AM
-
By keava in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 05:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC
$27.99

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99