-
Knoppix on OS-X Tiger
Hello,
I was just wondering, since any other Linux flavors are a pain to install on the Intel-based mac mini, if Knoppix will work. I have seen an option of booting from an external device on the System Preferences menu, but I thought I'd just throw it out before I invested too much thought or time into something that won't work. I was also wondering if with the Intel mac if booting from a cd or a flash drive was better, or if I should just get a different box and put a different flavor on it.
Let me know if it'll work, or please give me another alternative.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
If you think other versions of Linux are a pain to install, you'll really really hate install Knoppix. It doesn't take much searching to find may posts of complaints that things worked fine from the Live CD but stopped working after Knoppix was installed.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By ridebmx in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-15-2005, 03:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Intel 4004IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair
$50.99

Microcomputer Builder's Bible IMSAI 8080 Z80 ADM-3A DEC LSI-11 Altair 8800 Bus
$65.00

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco
$89.99

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00