Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How to Disable Konqueror at startup?

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262

    How to Disable Konqueror at startup?

    I have the 5-16-2003 version and unlike the previous ones the Konqueror opens at startup. I am using the poor man's installation and did not include index.html so at startup the file is always "missing".

    So how can I prevent Konqueror from starting?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    I have 100 networked PCs with a lot of varied hardware all using the Poor Man's Dual Boot installation as well as the fast DOSbootdisk. Since the only KNOPPIX files on hda1 are

    /mnt/hda1/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
    /mnt/hda1/KNOPPIX/minroot.gz
    /mnt/hda1/KNOPPIX/vmlinuz

    not only is the KNOPPIX info index.html file missing, but Konqueror does not start up. Have you installed yours differently?

    Regards,

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Iowa U.S.A.
    Posts
    226
    I may have a solution if you are using configs.tbz when you boot.

    This file is created by K --> KNOPPIX --> Configure
    --> Save KNOPPIX configuration

    Unfortunately configs.tbz won't fit on your boot floppy but you can put in
    a second floppy as soon as boot is done, or on a second CDROM,
    or on a Hard_drive, or even burned onto you KNOPPIX CD.

    The key is to know that KNOPPIX has put the start up in
    KDE Autostart. To see it you must click View --> Show Hidden Files
    click .kde --> Autostart and there is the showindex.desktop

    Now for the trick. K --> Settings --> Control Center
    --> (+) System Administration --> Pathes
    Change Atostart path to you own folder or just
    /home/knoppix/tmp so nothing autostarts.

    Of course, this setting must be saved in configs.tbz and be
    available (cheat code pointing to it) at boot time.

    Best Wishs
    paradocs

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262
    To Paradocs,
    I don't boot from floppy,I use loadlin. As I have stated I am using the poor man's install and I boot knoppix thu a batch file that uses loadlin.exe. For this reason I don't have the option to select a cheat code during boot.

    Using a floppy to boot for me is a step backward as I am already used to my manner of hd booting.

    Anyway I will try out your suggestion-perhaps doing some modifications on the batch file.

    To Jorge,

    I have the same files and directories that you have. But this time I had to add the index.html file so as to get rid of the error message about that file being missing.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262
    Okey it worked-set autostart to /home/knoppix/tmp.

    Thanks!

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Iowa U.S.A.
    Posts
    226
    Hello all,
    I just want to add a word of warning
    about my "quick and dirty solution."
    Do not ever put a dangerous script
    file in tmp or when you start up you
    could do great damage.

    I do not know if the path could be blank
    but I have my path pointing to a hidden
    file .kde_autostart. I have files here that
    set up the confiugration of my IDSN
    connection and modifiy setting in
    /etc/sane.d/epson.conf to let my scanner work.
    Since you are at root, script files can
    do a lot.

    Best Wishs and safe computing
    paradocs

Similar Threads

  1. Konqueror startup
    By medwards67 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-20-2004, 03:36 PM
  2. disable psaux
    By tempo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 04:46 PM
  3. Disable KDE Transparencies?
    By canadian_psyko in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 05:01 AM
  4. Disable Etherboot
    By MaTh2k in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2003, 10:28 AM
  5. Konqueror Startup Page
    By rec9140 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-29-2003, 04:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC picture

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC

$27.99



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$30.00



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99