-
My documents read only
Hi,
I have a similar issue although it was caused by something else. I took a Master HDD (which was running XP Home on it) out of a PC and put it into another PC as a slave. In that PC all files are accessible, except the my documents folder. Under XP I can neither see, nor copy files in that folder. Then I tried Knoppix to get to the files because I assumed that Knoppix will override the user rights settings from XP. I was able to see the files in My Documents, however, I could not copy them. It always produced an error. It said something like "Hard drive is read only".
How do I override these restrictions to copy my files out of My Documents with Knoppix? I tried to change the owner and access rights, but even Knoppix does not let me do it. Does Knoppix have any software included which I can use?
Cheers, T.
Similar Threads
-
By derwalroszsagt in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-09-2009, 07:45 PM
-
By keebz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-16-2009, 01:31 PM
-
By triviaace11 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2009, 05:36 AM
-
By manatarms1775 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-10-2004, 07:41 PM
-
By zhouxuan37 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-30-2003, 03:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$594.99

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

4x Various Brands 8.5" Mainframe 9-Track Reel Computer Data Tape 6250 CPI .5"
$24.99

Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981
$199.99

Vintage UNIVAC Mainframe Circuit Board Lamp - Cyberpunk Tech Geek Industrial Art
$225.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$69.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

Oracle for Macintosh Developer’s Kit v1.0a (1988–1989) – Complete • UNUSED
$1600.00