Hi all,
I've configured my Knoppix 5.1.1 CD and installed VMware Player. The remastering also was successful!![]()
The VMware image which will be started by the player should also reside on the DVD, but it's a read-only medium and I get the error that the file cannot be locked.
So I did some research and found that this could be solved by using symbolic links or with unionfs together with the ramdisk.
So my question is, how can I merge the folder containing the vmware image with the ramdisk? Because it's read/write accessible then.
Other question, where must this be configured (which file and which location) to ensure this is handled very early in the boot process?
Thanks for your help!

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
$289.99
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS
$179.85
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00
HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC
$750.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
1U Supermicro Firewall Router Jumpbox 6x 10GB Ethernet 3.5Ghz 32GB RAM 2x PSU X
$299.00
Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99