-
DNS servers change (auto) and become invalid
Hello Knoppix people,
I installed Knoppix today and I encounter the following problem:
I setup networking correctly but when I restart the DNS entries I inputted are gone.
So, every time I restart I have to put the DNS server addresses in the Networking panel.
(I need to be on a static IP)
The other entries are fine: IP, gateway, subnet.
Furthermore, after about 3 hours of uptime, the same problem occurs even if I do not restart...
It reverts to some IP address (its actually 172.16.176.x but I would like it to stay put on 192.168.1.1)
Any help would be much appreciated.
Initially I am thinking of amending the /etc/resolv.conf file permissions so that Knoppix does not change it but would like your opinion first.
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By Hunkah in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-16-2011, 08:57 PM
-
By hal8000 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-11-2007, 11:00 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-30-2004, 12:30 AM
-
By jeramy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 05:12 PM
-
By maddany in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 02:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC PDP-11/34 Front Panel Complete PDP11 RARE
$450.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00