I am trying the poor man´s installation as described in http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition.
Part of the procedure are changes to the config.sys in order to generate a boot menue where the choice between Win98 and Grub/Linux is presented. The Wiki does not describe the changes in config.sys in detail. So I did what I thought was necessary and surprisingly it worked, but when i boot into Win98 with the new config.sys I get an error message about gemback.exe causing problem in the kernel. Gemback.exe is part of the AMD power now application...
When I reinstall the old config.sys there is no error message. My tired eyes don´t see what in my config.sys could cause any problems for gemback.exe and what I could do about it. Any ideas?
This is what the old config.sys looked like before
device=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\display.sys con=(ega,,1)
Country=049,850,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\country.sys
This is the new config.sys:
[MENU]
menuitem=Win,Windows98
menuitem=GRUB,Linux
MENUDEFAULT=Win,5
[GRUB]
SHELL=GRUB.EXE
[Win]
device=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\display.sys con=(ega,,1)
Country=049,850,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\country.sys

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99
Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99
640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00
1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99
S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95
BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00
CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99
ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00