Edit /etc/apt/apt.conf (as root) and raise the cache-size:
APT::Cache-Limit 12800000;
when I type apt-get update a get
Eynamic MMap ran out of room
E:Error occurred while processing python-quixote (newversion1)
E:Problem with mergelist /var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.de.debian.org_pub_debian_dlists_testing_main_b inary-i386_Packages
E:The Package Lists or status file could not be parsed or opened
Edit /etc/apt/apt.conf (as root) and raise the cache-size:
APT::Cache-Limit 12800000;
Thanks
12800000 was still not enough so I brought it up somemore

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$729.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00