Doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard of a Knoppix disc doing. Did you follow all of the instructions in the downloading faq for burning, or did you do something creative?
I have burnt Knoppix to a DVD and whenever I start the computer with knoppix inside, all I get is a black screen and the message: "1. FD 1.44MB System Type-(00)" This is very frustrating. Btw, I have set my Bios so the DVD drive boots before the hard drive. Advice?
Doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard of a Knoppix disc doing. Did you follow all of the instructions in the downloading faq for burning, or did you do something creative?
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
The most detailed instructions I could find were along the lines of: "donwnload knoppix and burn it to a CD." To be safe I created to versions;
1
Downloaded the latest Knoppix for DVD, unzipped the RAR, used a CD/DVD burning program to "make this CD bootable" using the Isolinux.bin image in the boot folder. Burnt the DVD.
Result: "1. FD 1.44MB System Type-(00)"
2
Used same unzipped version of Knoppix, this time burnt it to a DVD without the "make this CD bootable" stuff.
Result: nothing at all.
See answer #1.Originally Posted by Abadacus
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
The above FAQ will also state this, but it can't be said too many times, particularly in light of your last post: Don't take any option to make the disc "bootable". If you burn what is on the ISO properly, as an image, it will be bootable. Any option to make it bootable will put something else there that does not belong.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Thanks, lots of help! Got it working now, but i'm having trouble booting. Text reads as follows:
Accessing KNOPPIX DVD at /dev/hdc . . . insmod : can't read '/cdrom/KNOPPIX/modules/cloop.ko': I/O error
insmod : can't read '/cdrom/KNOPPIX/modules/cloop.ko': I/O error
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit.
Unfortunately this is almost always tracked to some sort of disc problem, either the disc burnt too fast, the reader having marginal optics, bad media, a bad md5 sum for the downloaded ISO or some similar problem (or a combination of problems, such as a high speed burn and a slightly dusty lense). All things covered already in the downloading faq.Originally Posted by Abadacus
You could use the forum search feature to search for the "Dropping you to a" string, but you're going to find a lot of cases of it. Maybe you can find something that I forgot in the list above.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
$170.00
PfSense/OPNsense 14x1Gb, 8-Core, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD, AES-NI, QAT (Lanner FW-7573)
$149.00
*Sophos XG 210 Rev. 3 Network Security Firewall Appliance* Sophos XG 210 Rev. 3
$64.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99