-
Junior Member
registered user
Samba Nuttiness
I've been trying to get Samba set up on my HDD-install for a while now, and to be honest, it's pissing me off -- mainly because it doesn't work as advertised in the FAQ or other posts in the forum.
Here's the setup:
Knoppix box & WinXP box on the same network (192.168.2.10, 75)
/etc/samba/smb.conf:
security = share
....
[myshare]
Comment = My Share
path = /home/knoppix (I know, accessible thru Homes, bear with me)
writeable = yes
smbpasswd:
contains entries for both "knoppix" and "draco" (name of the XP box)
When I try to access this from my WinXP box, I can see everything, but get permission denied errors every time I try to write anything.
Strangely enough, when I change the above path to /tmp, it works like a charm.
This seems like an issue with filesystem permissions on the /home/knoppix directory...but I have to admit I don't want to make my home directory world writeable and then share it via Samba. How can I fix this?
Thanks,
Alex Kirk
Similar Threads
-
By ghostblaze in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-04-2004, 03:14 AM
-
By jimbo62 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-15-2004, 03:22 AM
-
By smarchand291 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 11:41 PM
-
By juan_sck in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 01:36 PM
-
By Tovi in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 08:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco
$89.99

Intel 4004IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair
$50.99

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00