-
Junior Member
registered user
Keyboard layout boot options
Hi! I remastered Knoppix so it would accept a "lang=pt" (Portuguese keyboard) option on boot time. I edited /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig and inserted these lines:
LANGUAGE="pt"
COUNTRY="pt"
LANG="pt"
KEYTABLE="pt-latin1"
XKEYBOARD="pt"
KDEKEYBOARD="pt"
CHARSET="iso8859-15"
# Additional KDE Keyboards
KDEKEYBOARDS="us,de,fr"
;;
Everything works fine on the console, but X starts with a diferent keyboard layout! How can I tell X to start with a Portuguese keyboard (pt) from the boot prompt? (without saving configuration on configs.tbz)
Are the following lines on /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig right?!:
XKEYBOARD="pt"
KDEKEYBOARD="pt"
CHARSET="iso8859-15"
Thank you.
PX.
-
Hy PsycoX
I have done de same as you (even before i read your post
).
And I think I've got the same problem as you do!
knoppix-autoconfig - exactly like yours ;
In Console the Keyboard works fine.
in KDE 3 or 4 keys don't work as excpected!! [ Ç ] [ + * ]
Do you know how to resolve this!!!???
Thanks
NCarvalho
Similar Threads
-
By drstock in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 09:22 AM
-
By ocean in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-15-2004, 10:50 PM
-
By mzruya in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 07:34 PM
-
By tonyleake in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-28-2004, 08:50 PM
-
By GuineaPig in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2003, 09:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00