-
Remastered 3.2 aborts: "could not open default font fix
Hi,
I am working on a Knoppix variant for numerical / quantitative analysis. A working version based on 3.1 exists, but I have hit a brick wall with 3.2 -- x11 will not start as it claims to not find the fixed font.
I have remove openoffice, all games and a few i18n packages. All font packages, and xfonts-base in particular, remain installed. All x11 packages and font config packages remain. I have tried to re-create fonts.dir, fonts.alias and fonts.cache-1 but still no luck.
When I point XF86Config-4 to my local fontserver, all is well. That obviously is no solution for the cdrom, but it shows that the system per se is fine -- apart from this vexing font issue.
Would anybody here have a hint or suggestion about what I am missing?
Thanks, Dirk
-
Turns that this was an oversight on my part, things are fine now.
Dirk
Similar Threads
-
By richb in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 03:27 AM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-10-2004, 04:36 AM
-
By victorhooi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 08:25 AM
-
By wmcn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 06:54 PM
-
By andyed in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-12-2003, 04:36 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro SYS-E302-9A Fanless Firewall Atom C3558 16GB ECC 64GB SSD 6x GbE i350
$325.00

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00