-
Bad ISO file?
Hi to all,
I'm totally a newby to linux. I saw knoppix at a pc service while the technician booted it from the CD. I liked it and decided to download and try it on my PC. I immediately knew if it can be booted from CD it can be booted from the hard drive also (must be much faster). When I downloaded the ISO file I unpacked it (with WinRar) to see the contents and unfortunately deleted the original ISO file since I thought it can be booted by simply editing the boot.ini in XP and point to the cdrom.ico or edit the autorun.inf file, write it on CD and when booting from CD the autorun.ico file to run the cdrom.ico file.
But never mind now. Now as I've read trough how to boot from the hard drive I managed to have a menu list and a startup schreen upon choosing "Knoppix 5.01 from hda1 ISO". This is how far I got. Then the page says somthing like "error inserting KNOPPIX/modules/cloop.ko"
I read trough the forum on this error message and most say it is either because of a bad ISO file or a bad hard drive. It is propably a bad ISO file because...
The ISO file I'm using now is what I rewrote with NERO and it is now 730MB. I remember the file being under 700MB (about 695) when I downloaded it so this is what makes me think the error message is because the original ISO file was different than the current one I have done with NERO.
I even tried with different programs like "MagicISO" but I couldn't manage to push the file-size lower than 730MB whatever configuration I choose in the ISO making options.
My question is... How can reconvert the unpacked Knoppix content to ISO and with which program. Can this be done or I need to download Knoppix again. I don't have broadband connection so this last option could be quite frustrating.
In a nutshell... I have Knoppix unpacked on the hard drive but I don't have the original ISO file. How can I reconvert it to it's original state (ISO).
I use Win-XP-sp2, NTFS filesystem
Similar Threads
-
By bonkas in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 11:07 AM
-
By ghoststrike in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-16-2005, 10:46 AM
-
By sepekte in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 11:48 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-05-2004, 07:25 PM
-
By dmedici in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 09:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro CSE-826 2U Server Chassis W/X10DRH-C 2x E5-2620 V3 128GB RAM 2x 1280W
$499.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
$289.99

ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T/BCM Server Motherboard For Parts/Repair
$365.00

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC
$750.00

Supermicro SuperServer 1029U-TN10RT 1U Rack Dual Xeon 2.70GHz 256GB
$500.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro X10DRS-4U-NS021, 2x E5-2603 V3 Storage Controller No RAM
$200.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00