-
17" Screen on Macbook Pro
Hi,
I have a 17" Macbook Pro with an ATI Radeon X1600 video card in it. When I boot into Knoppix with no cheatcodes, the screen stretches a little bit, enough that it is noticable. When I attempt to use the "screen" cheatcode at the beginning to enforce the resolutions I think the screen should support (such as 1440x900 or 1280x800), the requested resolutions are not honored. When I try to use the "xmodule" cheatcodes "ati" and "radeon", with or without the "screen" cheatcode, KNOPPIX attempts to load either module then gives up and defaults back to the vesa module, and in no case can I effect the change in screen resolution that I desire. Is there a reason that the ATI card in the Macbook Pro does not respond to the given ati and radeon xmodules? Is there a different module out there that I can use?
Thank you!
Similar Threads
-
By blizzardscout2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-24-2008, 03:23 AM
-
By fbarrett in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-10-2007, 10:51 PM
-
By patelbhavesh in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-21-2006, 06:43 AM
-
By phantomcow2 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-02-2006, 01:50 AM
-
By ix86i in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-03-2004, 04:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro CSE-826 2U Server Chassis W/X10DRH-C 2x E5-2620 V3 128GB RAM 2x 1280W
$499.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
$289.99

ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T/BCM Server Motherboard For Parts/Repair
$365.00

Supermicro Super Server 1029U-TN10RT Dual Xeon Silver 4210 - 10-Bay NVMe Rack
$500.00

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC
$750.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro X10DRS-4U-NS021, 2x E5-2603 V3 Storage Controller No RAM
$200.00

Supermicro E200-8D Xeon D-1528 8GB RAM 256GB SSD 2x10GbE X10SDV-6C-TLN4F w/ PSU
$525.00