-
17" Screen on Macbook Pro
Hi,
I have a 17" Macbook Pro with an ATI Radeon X1600 video card in it. When I boot into Knoppix with no cheatcodes, the screen stretches a little bit, enough that it is noticable. When I attempt to use the "screen" cheatcode at the beginning to enforce the resolutions I think the screen should support (such as 1440x900 or 1280x800), the requested resolutions are not honored. When I try to use the "xmodule" cheatcodes "ati" and "radeon", with or without the "screen" cheatcode, KNOPPIX attempts to load either module then gives up and defaults back to the vesa module, and in no case can I effect the change in screen resolution that I desire. Is there a reason that the ATI card in the Macbook Pro does not respond to the given ati and radeon xmodules? Is there a different module out there that I can use?
Thank you!
Similar Threads
-
By blizzardscout2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-24-2008, 03:23 AM
-
By fbarrett in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-10-2007, 10:51 PM
-
By patelbhavesh in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-21-2006, 06:43 AM
-
By phantomcow2 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-02-2006, 01:50 AM
-
By ix86i in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-03-2004, 04:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Analog Devices Macsym 2 Signal Simulator
$220.00

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

1979 vintage apple II 2 keyboard Mod CV Control Analog Synthesizer Paia Buchla
$500.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

1950 High Speed Computers Analog ENIAC UNIVAC EDVAC IBM SSEC Relay Logic Tubes
$65.00

vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us
$29.99