Have you tried the mem cheatcode? How about the tohd cheatcode? One of these might get you what you're looking for.
I have a Intel PC with 2G RAM. When I start Knoppix 5.1.1 from the boot DVD (started with the command
knoppix 1
to have a non-X environment) I find that almost all 2G is dedicated to ramdisk/. This leaves me almost no brainpower for actual *work*. I do not need that much /ramdisk, but I do need a lot of thinking room. Please can you tell me how to specify a startup environment (eg, I dunno,
knoppix 1 ramdisk=4M
or similar) which would allow me to configure a much smaller ramdisk/, leaving much more RAM available to work with?
Specifically, I'm comparing two filesystems
diff -rq /mnt/1 /mnt/2
and at the moment even an overnight session os not long enough. Using Fedora this command completes in about 60 minutes.
Thank you for any help.
Fergus
Have you tried the mem cheatcode? How about the tohd cheatcode? One of these might get you what you're looking for.

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
$280.00
Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00