Cross-posted from the Networking forum due to no responses. Any suggestions are welcome.
I have a working PXE boot of Knoppix but I am seeing some a problem with NFS.
This works from the CD boot
1) Load knoppix with config and HD image from hda3
2) Mount an NFS share to /work (I am forced to recreate /work each time)
What I want
1) Boot from network with config and a custom HD image (without any local HD)
- I need a specific user with their home dir setup
2) Mount the NFS into /work
Problem:
When I boot from the network my NFS share is ALWAYS 'readonly' even though I configured it as 'rw' (it works fine when booting from the CD)
Question: What should I check to find the problem?
Second Question: Is it possible to have a custom HD image when there are no local HDs?
Thanks,
Jack

Supermicro Server CSE-512L-200B 1U Chassis with X9SCL-F Core i3-2100 8GB 220W
$200.00
$280.00
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Super Micro 113M-3 Server Intel Pre Owned Tested And Working
$250.00