Hi,
~
I started knoppix with the cheatcode
~
knoppix init 2
~
then, after plugging in an external minidrive, I got:
~
Synchronizing SCSI cache for disk sda:
FAILED
status = 0, message = 00, vhost = 1, driver = 00
<7> APIC error on CPU00: 01(01)
usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
. . .
~
I read from the error message and from some postings out there that it is related to the combination of USB + APIC (+ low speed devices + bad drivers?), that it also happens with printers, pen drives and wireless cards connected via USB, so I started Linux/knoppix with:
~
knoppix apic=off noapic init 2
~
then I didn't get the first error stanzas, but only the
~
usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
. . .
~
ones repeatedly
~
Why are these problems happening?
~
How can I fix them?
~
Thanks
lbrtchx

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Analog Devices Macsym 2 Signal Simulator
$220.00
Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
1979 vintage apple II 2 keyboard Mod CV Control Analog Synthesizer Paia Buchla
$500.00
Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00
1950 High Speed Computers Analog ENIAC UNIVAC EDVAC IBM SSEC Relay Logic Tubes
$65.00
vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us
$29.99