-
Problem setting up LAN
Hello,
Just new to Linux
. I tried Ubuntu, but I am not so happy about it. Tried Knoppix and installed a version on my computer with Knoppix-installer. I used the option debian.
Anyway. I try to setup my network and something is going wrong. I can not use LISa, I can not use shared windows directories, no internet. Strange is that I DO get an IP from my DHCP server. But everytime I try to setup network card. Linux comes with "su returned with an error"....
Does anybody know what this problem can be ?
My system is a Laptop with AMD K6-3 500MHz / 192MB RAM and an Argosy EN-210 Ethernetcard (PCMCIA). I asume that the card isn't the problem as I get an IP address.
Hopefully some can help me, because apart from this the system is running like a bliss on my old laptop 
Thanks in advance !
Antoine
[edit]
Okay, I am lost, maybe the problem can be that I can not log in as root ? Even with the password supplied in the setup.... I really hope somebdoy can help me, as this OS really works very cool, but without network completely useless.....
-
Nobody who can help me ?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't know if this is true for the installation as it is true for the livecd, but give this a try:
Open a konsole or other terminal window.
Using lowercase letters, type:
sudo su
Then type:
passwd
and change your root password. Remember the new password or write it down somewhere.
Similar Threads
-
By thebeing in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-28-2007, 02:06 PM
-
By asddsa in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-27-2006, 11:41 PM
-
By diehardii in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-22-2006, 07:51 AM
-
By rayk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-26-2005, 06:37 AM
-
By pearman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-21-2005, 10:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10-3105-01 10Gbps SFP+ SR LC Optical Transceiver
$30.50

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Lot of 2 ALVIRON SFP+ 10G‑LR Modules | 1310nm | SMF | 10km | Cisco‑Compatible
$35.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99