First of all- I assume that /usr/local/bin/km-hdinstall is a typo.Originally Posted by rslaats
Did you try it like this:
Here is theCode:sudo /usr/local/bin/knx-hdinstall
how-to for installing over the net if you haven't seen it already.
This is the problem:
I have a cdrom with knoppix on it. I boot it with my pc.
I start the terminal server on it and my laptop with no cdrom is booting from lan.
I'm logged into knoppix on my laptop.
So far so good.
But I want to install knoppix onto the HD of my laptop.
I tried to open a root shell. But when I click it. it opens and it closes.. :S
Then I opened a regualar shell and tried the sudo command.
It said: "sorry sudo must be setuid root"
If I try to run the /usr/local/bin/km-hdinstall it says permission denied..
Can someone help me with it..
please..
![]()
First of all- I assume that /usr/local/bin/km-hdinstall is a typo.Originally Posted by rslaats
Did you try it like this:
Here is theCode:sudo /usr/local/bin/knx-hdinstall
how-to for installing over the net if you haven't seen it already.
Sorry it was a typo..
But do you have any idea, how to install it over a terminal server?
Did someone succeed with it?
*cough*uncheckdisablerootaccesonclients*cough*![]()
*cough*How?? *cough*Originally Posted by Henk Poley
You do this when you setup the terminal server, I think there are 4 or so options that are all selected by default.
HTH
rock
Can't the terminal server run off an HDD install?
Upset,

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99