-
Booting Knoppix from USB and loading same image with Qemu
Greetings folks,
I am trying to make a bootable USB installation, which can also be loaded by Qemu from windows. (Helps in situations like my windows PC which dosnt boot a liveusb).
Progress:
I modified linuxrc script to mount /dev/hda as /cdrom. Qemu loads KNOPPIX/knoppix as /dev/hda. With the new minirt.gz I am tried booting from USB, works as expected.
For the Qemu case, I am getting some problems.
my batch file contains this:
qemu\qemu.exe -L qemu/ -no-kqemu -m 512 -kernel linux -initrd minirt.gz -hda KNOPPIX/knoppix -append "qemu root=/dev/hda ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us toram knoppix_name=knoppix knoppix_dir=knoppix BOOT_IMAGE=expert nomce apm=power-off vga=791"
The errors I am getting are this:
RAMDISK: Couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 0.
VFS: Mounted root (iso9660 filesystem) readonly
...
/etc/rcS.d/S00knoppix-autoconfig: line 100: /proc/sys/kernel/printk: No such file or directory
and bunch of errors.
I think something went wrong while loading the Ramdisk, also I dont see any of the prints from minirt.gz
Isnt root=/dev/hda sufficient for ?
Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks,
LS
Similar Threads
-
By moon in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 21
Last Post: 03-06-2008, 02:17 AM
-
By inguaravi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-02-2007, 06:27 AM
-
By throwaway in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-20-2007, 04:01 PM
-
By yangwawa in forum Ideas
Replies: 9
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 01:49 AM
-
By dorianW in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2003, 06:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$729.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00