-
Junior Member
registered user
Ok,
I tried apt-get install evolution and got this back:
unable to create `./usr/share/doc/libebook1.2-5/TODO': Not a directory
Selecting previously deselected package libecal1.2-6.
Unpacking libecal1.2-6 (from .../libecal1.2-6_1.6.3-5_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libecal1.2-6_1.6.3-5_i386.deb (--unpack):
unable to create `./usr/share/doc/libecal1.2-6/TODO': Not a directory
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Selecting previously deselected package libedataserverui1.2-6.
Unpacking libedataserverui1.2-6 (from .../libedataserverui1.2-6_1.6.3-5_i386.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package libsoup2.2-8.
Unpacking libsoup2.2-8 (from .../libsoup2.2-8_2.2.98-2_i386.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package libegroupwise1.2-10.
Unpacking libegroupwise1.2-10 (from .../libegroupwise1.2-10_1.6.3-5_i386.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package libexchange-storage1.2-1.
Unpacking libexchange-storage1.2-1 (from .../libexchange-storage1.2-1_1.6.3-5_i386.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package libgnome-pilot2.
Unpacking libgnome-pilot2 (from .../libgnome-pilot2_2.0.15-2_i386.deb) ...
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg received a segmentation fault.
root@Knoppix:/KNOPPIX.IMG/home/knoppix#
What is a segmentation fault???
I'm this close !!!
Marc.
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
JohnnyH
I've never been in the situation of having to do this, but try
Code:
dpkg --configure -a
- it cannot do any harm and may reset the dpkg configuration successfully. Then try
Code:
apt-get install evolution

Hey GREAT NEWS !!!!!!!
It's all installed... EVOLUTION is on my USB Key and ready to use.
And it's your fault 
Seriously, Thanks for your guidance .
Now I have to get Evolution plug ins. Microsoft Exchange server is part of that plug in.
Any ideas on where to get that?
Cheers,
Marc
-
Senior Member
registered user
1]

Originally Posted by
LAF
...
What is a segmentation fault???
...
This provides an introduction and further links ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segmentation_fault
2] Unfortunately I do not have experience of working with a PERSISTENT HOME USB key, so I may not be able to help much more
...
... but it *may* be that the USB key does not have sufficient memory free to accommodate the 'installation' process for Evolution.
Evolution is a package that uses a lot of Gnome libraries, many of which are not present ab initio in Knoppix (CD or, probably, USB versions) and so needs a lot of storage space.
Your best option might be to transplant your system to a larger USB key if possible; maybe some experts in using USB keys could advise ?
To get a response I suggest that you start a new thread with appropriate title for that.
[EDITED after seeing your new post above : EXCELLENT please ignore this posting
]
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
LAF
Now I have to get Evolution plug ins. Microsoft Exchange server is part of that plug in.
Any ideas on where to get that?
Never used them myself, but I expect that you could find them with the Search boxes in
http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
JohnnyH

Originally Posted by
LAF
Now I have to get Evolution plug ins. Microsoft Exchange server is part of that plug in.
Any ideas on where to get that?
Never used them myself, but I expect that you could find them with the Search boxes in
http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages
It's Ok,
I installed the EVOLUTION-EXCHANGE package, and evolution is Sooo Happy now!!!
Thanks for everything again.
Take Care.
Cheers,
Marc.
Similar Threads
-
By Albretch in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-06-2005, 01:17 AM
-
By ruin2it3 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-03-2004, 07:30 AM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 10:31 PM
-
By Calman in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 12:37 AM
-
By MattT in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 05:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Super Micro 113M-3 Server Intel Pre Owned Tested And Working
$250.00