Have you considered SETTING UP the root password?
Look under the penguin in your menu bar and choose "Set Root Password"
Shouldnt you know how to setup root passwords if you've been using Knoppix so long?
I have been using Knoppix for a long time now.
Recently I needed to do some recovery work.
To my great wonder I saw that qtparted required a password of me.
After some googling I found that the default password was blank and must be changed using the Root terminal by typing passwd and following the instructions.
However when I open Root terminal I am prompted for the (blank) password, which CANNOT be used as is, BTW. (Knoppix 01.04.07.)
This is very dissapointing. For me, this renders Knoppix completely unusable.
What the devil went wrong since you implemented this "feature"?!
I will check out ultimate boot cd. Maybe they can fill in the gap, which was previously filled by knoppix for recovery.
Have you considered SETTING UP the root password?
Look under the penguin in your menu bar and choose "Set Root Password"
Shouldnt you know how to setup root passwords if you've been using Knoppix so long?

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
$289.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS
$179.85
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00
HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC
$750.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
HP MicroServer Gen8 LOADED 12TB + 16GB RAM Win Server 2025 iLO Advanced SSD Boot
$679.00
Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00