"swapon -s" will list the status of your swap partition(s)
"vmstat" or even "top" will mention swap usage (but probably not the details if you've got several partitions)
There are probably GUI equivalent but this should get you going![]()
HI!
Whenever I knoppix-installer a new PC, I always run qtparted first to set up dual partitions (hda1=wimpdoze, hda2=knoppix) and a swap partition.
My question is, how do I know that I set up the swap properly? Is there someway to see if its being used and what percentage of it is loaded at any given time?
TIA,
AJG
"swapon -s" will list the status of your swap partition(s)
"vmstat" or even "top" will mention swap usage (but probably not the details if you've got several partitions)
There are probably GUI equivalent but this should get you going![]()
OK, thanx a lot! I give that a try.
Regards,
AJG
DOH! Why didn't I think of top???
Thanx,
AJG

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C 020NJD Dual-Port 25GbE SFP28 NIC Low Profile
$35.00
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$33.94
HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00