-
Samsung R40
Hi – I have become keen on Knoppix since running it very successfully on my old Dell Inspiron 8000, however, since this only has 256K RAM (max 512K) and is still running Win ME I’ve just gone out and bought a Samsung R40. Sadly I discover now it is not on the Knoppix list of laptops.
It seems to boot ok and pick up the essentials but after a minute or two it slows down and then freezes altogether – as if it has run out of memory.
I’ve tried Kubuntu and that seems to work better and does not freeze. I’ve now installed Kubuntu on my hard drive and so far it works fine – wireless and Ethernet. But I would much prefer Knoppix as my regular reserve system.
The fact that it works well with Kubuntu leads me to think it should not take much to make it work with Knoppix. Am I right or completely wrong?
Thanks for reading - Baldlygo
Similar Threads
-
By andreas2000 in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-23-2006, 06:56 AM
-
By iland in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-20-2004, 08:45 AM
-
By noisefloor in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-10-2004, 02:02 PM
-
By bernd_b in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 12:20 PM
-
By seth niren in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-23-2003, 06:00 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C 020NJD Dual-Port 25GbE SFP28 NIC Low Profile
$35.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$33.94

20 X New Cisco QSFP-100G-FR-W2 10-3659-01 Module Hologram Brand New 20 Pack
$299.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99